Friday, February 29, 2008

The power of one

The other day I was browsing some online comics and I found a really great one:

After reading this I just had to google "Died in a blogging accident" There were about 300,000 results. It turns out that the day this comic was published that phrase became the 6th most searched for term on google.

The thing is that we all hear, "you can make a difference in the world," but how much do you really believe it? This is someone that has made a big difference and the author didn't even have to spend millions of dollars running for president. So I started wondering how such a big change was done with one post. A couple of reasons are:
  • Consistancy (this comic is consistantly posted)
  • Simple
  • Entertaining
  • And most interestingly enough, most people didn't think that it wasn't that big a thing.
I don't know if the author posted this thinking "How can I mess with google today? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Still I'm sure that most people googling the phrase didn't think about how it would mess with google.

On a side note, I just heard this teaser on the radio news: "The police have reported a decrease of reports involving cheese."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2008 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Evenspor said...

It is amazing how something you never would have suspected would make such a big stir. If you google "Pizza Mia Review" guess whose blog is at the top of the list? I've now had over 200 views on that particlar blog entry. That's even more than any of my digital scrapbook freebie posts. Who knew? I never even would have thought people would go looking for reviews before buying a pizza.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home